DANIELA BOHATÁ 🌸
🌍LANGUAGES🌍QUALITY TOURISM🌍HEALTH🌍BOOKS🌍WILD NATURE🌍ANCIENT HISTORY🌍
I enjoy guiding people through their learning, exploration or transformation. I am Czech but I spent a lot of time exploring different European countries and their cultures. I lived for several months in a few of them. I can speak Czech, English, German and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian. I am currently learning Italian and Spanish. I can understand some Russian and Dutch. My hobbies: swimming, skiing, painting, wild nature, health.
CHARLES UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF ARTS – Prague, Czech Republic )
– PhD in ELT Methodology (since 09/2011 – unfinished)
UNIVERSITY OF OSTRAVA, FACULTY OF ARTS – Ostrava, Czech Rep.
– MA in English and German Language and Literature:Teaching for Secondary Schools, 2009
HOGESCHOOL GENT, FACULTY OF TRANSLATION – Ghent, Belgium
– Erasmus study stay
Freelance ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER, GUIDE, SPEAKER (since January 2019)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING METHODOLOGIST(Sept.-December 2018)
– Academic School, Zlin, Czech Republic.
GUIDE, TOUR COORDINATOR, REPRESENTATIVE (since 2015-now)
– Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Sardinia.
INDEPENDENT TEACHER TRAINER (since 2015-now)
• WORKSHOPS: Mental Imagery in English Language Teaching: Creating a motivating and pleasant classroom atmosphere; Cross-cultural communication and etiquette, Soft skills – presentation skills; The Sounds, Smells and Colours – Tasteful and Touching Teacher Training; Relaxation techniques. Teaching English outdoor. Developing senses in ELT. Prehistoric sites in the UK.
LECTURER at Department of English and American Studies (2010– 2017)
TOMAS BATA UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF HUMANITIES, Zlín, Czech Republic,
• Teach British Studies, Business English and Communication Skills courses
• Teach lifelong learning courses, City & Guilds exams preparation courses
• Organized a tailor-made fieldwork course on business English in the UK.
Lectures and workshops abroad:
o November 2016 – workshops for teachers and future teachers, Taraz State Pedagogical Institute, Republic of Kazakhstan.
o May 2014 – 4th Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics Conference, Sarajevo, BiH (published in proceedings „Applying Intercultural Linguistic Competence to Foreign Language Teaching and Learning“ Sarajevo: IBU Publications. pp 474-482. ISBN: 978-9958-834-21-9).
o July 2012 – Edukativni centar Koleks d.o.o., Banja Luka, BiH.
o January/ February 2012 – Faculty of Philosophy, Osijek, Croatia.
o January/ February 2012 – Osnovna škola Vladimira Becića Osijek, Croatia
o October/ November 2011 – European University Cyprus, Nicosia .
o April 2011 – workshop Avoiding Cultural Faux Pas, Opatija, Croatia.
• Association of Teacher Educators (AMATE) member.
Published: Valikova, D. (2014). Social Etiquette across Cultures: Teaching English for Building Relationships and Rapport. ISBN 9789958834356
Valikova, D. (2014). Exploring etiquette and digital manners. ISSN: 1332-1005
Valikova, D. (2014). Facebouquette. ISSN 1820-9831.
© Daniela Bohatá 2019 🐬